Michelle is a digital media storyteller.
I’ve got a knack for storytelling, a passion for project management, and an adventurous spirit; let me help you tell your story.
I am a digital media storyteller. I have extensive experience in assisting clients from idea to implementation for a variety multimedia projects, where I find solutions to help people and businesses realize their goals. I am a writer, photographer, and videographer. I also work in graphic design and project management.
Travel and cultural immersion help to create a deeper understanding of people and place. I have lived in the United States, France, Belgium, South Korea, and Australia. My international experience helps me to identify needs and address problems in unique ways.
When I’m not in front of a screen, I spend my time skiing, climbing, and hiking in my backyard, the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
How can I help you achieve your goals?
Years global experience
- Research, plan, oversee, coordinate, and execute strategies, projects, programs, and events aimed at increasing individual financial contributions and members to meet station goals.
- Plan and oversee semi-annual fundraising drives
- Develop, plan, and execute station marketing and promotion through broadcast campaigns, community events, traditional print, newsletters, and social/online media
- Advance the station’s financial and market-share growth, visibility, and profile in the community
- Head station digital initiatives and needs-finding exercises
- Develop brand materials for print, broadcast, and online
Multimedia Lab Instructor
- Leads undergraduate classes in writing, audio/visual storytelling, and graphic design work
- Provides editing, feedback, and guidance to classes of 18-20 students
- Identifies problems and develops lab strategies with professor and academic chair
Co-Founder, Cleopatra to Coretta
Developed international exchange program supporting the dialogue of female global journalists to build relationships and promote hero narratives of women making an impact in their community.
Freelance Media Producer
Areas of interest include:
- Website Development
- Graphic Design
- Strategic Communications
- Freelance Journalism
- Virtual Reality
Diplomatic Fellow, East-West: Art of Dialogue Fellowship
One month of travel across Egypt and the USA to meet with high-ranking government, civic and business leaders, followed by the implementation of a $100k self-authored international project.
Research Fellow, News Deeply
Associate Creative Director
Oct 2012-Nov 2013
- Doubled sales numbers through strategic marketing and project management
- Managed interviews, hiring, and training of new team members; Lead sales team
- Created management positions while providing administrative support
- Conducted photo shoots of products for company marketing, website, and blog
- Handled day-to-day operations including filing, correspondence, and scheduling
English Language Teacher
Seoul, South Korea
Jan 2012-Sept 2012
- Provided English language instruction using the Montessori Method
- Created lesson plans and lead cultural activities for more than 30 students
- Edited assignments for English language accuracy and clarity
Masters of Arts, Journalism and Interactive Media
Fall 2014- Spring 2016
- Kappa Tau Alpha Honor Society- A highly competitive honor society based on academic achievement
- Graduate Student Access Grant- $3,000 Merit-based scholarship
- C&C Murray Scholarship- $3,000 Merit-based scholarship
Bachelor of Arts, International Affairs and French
Fall 2004– Spring 2008
- Graduated with High Distinction
- Millennium Scholarship- $10,000 Merit-based scholarship
Study Abroad - Middle Eastern Politics and Public Policy
Study Abroad - French Language and Culture
Adobe Creative Suite
- Premiere 90%
- After Effects 50%
- Photoshop 75%
- InDesign 90%
- Illustrator 90%
- Lightroom 85%
- SpeedGrade 50%
- English 100%
- French 75%
- Spanish 25%